Breed Guesses on these 3 "Rare" Chicks - Updated Pictures @ 4 weeks

AlpineSpringsRanch

Songster
11 Years
Mar 20, 2011
These three were part of my rare breed special and I am still not 100% sure what BREED they might be. Any guesses? They are almost 3 weeks old. ETA updated pictures at 4 weeks below.

Chick 1

Chick 2

Chick 3

Last edited:
The white guy from above is still white. I'm Not sure what it could be I was thinking white rock but that's not on the list.

Breeds they could be:
Sumatras, Dominiques, Golden Laced and Silver Penciled Wyandottes, Golden Campines, Golden Penciled Hamburgs, Silver Penciled Rocks, Black or Blue, Araucanas, Dark and Buff Brahmas, Phoenix, Fayoumis, W. L. Red Cornish, Black and White Langshans, Red Caps, Silver Leghorns, Crevecoeurs, Silver Gray Dorkings, Modern BB Red Games, Sultans, Buttercups, & Spanish, Blue Andalusians, Silver Spangled Hamburgs, Dark Cornish, Speckled Sussex, Red Leghorns, Mottled Houdans, Partridge and Columbian Rocks, Silver Laced and Columbian Wyandottes

Chick 2: I have two of these both the same shade. Kind of a black and gray / black and white feather coming in. Could this be Silver Penciled Rock?

Chick 3 - Kind of similiar pattern at least. But VERY distinctly red tone. I think this may be a different kind of bird. I am thinking Sicilian Buttercup / Golden Campine or Golden Penciled hamburg however the latter two are bantys and I *think* this one is not a bantam....she's smaller than the bird above though.

2 new chicks. The first without the feeder is TALL Langashan maybe? The chick with the feeder top in the background...its like the first chicks MiniMe...they are the same age so maybe #2 is black cochin?

Mini Me

Last edited:
The legs on number three, I'm not sure how to describe them. They are like a reddish color? Is there a leg color chart!

Updated pictures of chick (type) 3 at 6 weeks. I have two with this pattern. Looks like it might be starting to bar.
Both shown here one center (pullet?) and one to the right (roo?)

Thanks for the response! That would be a pleasant surprise. ESPECIALLY if it turns out to be a hen and a roo which is my guess at this point due to the red wattles on the one!

I know this is an old thread but did they end up being one roo and one pullet or?

Back
Top Bottom