Stino12

Chirping
Aug 30, 2020
Newcastle NSW Australia
So my bubs are 3 weeks old, I know way too early to guess since and if they're mix breed it's impossible, but I'm curious is the colouring on one of them is a sign of a breed? Mum is a red pekin bantam. Dad could be any breed. There were pekin roos in with the hens when I bought them and I assume chickens tend to stick to their own flocks but there were a few other breeds around too. There's a boy with a spotty chest. The lighter boy with the black chest feathers was second born but looks like he's a week ahead of the other two and the little girl is teeny weeny and slow feathering. She has the little white bits on her wing feathers and her feathers aren't very smooth.

Attachments

jmns

Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.
Premium Feather Member
May 5, 2020
On a rock in the Pacific
Sorry, not much help here, though they all look like they will end up black. From what I can tell, they have single combs, so not likely Wyandotte mixes. Possibly Marans mixed in? They are all little cuties!😊

Nigel27

Songster
Apr 22, 2020
“Americanas harcos ermettis” does anyone know what this could mean? The source spelled it wrong I guess, google can’t even find correct spelling!

Top Bottom