Breed Guesses?

AUChickenGal

Crowing
8 Years
Apr 15, 2016
Middle TN
Any ideas on this little one? It came from McMurray yesterday and is supposed to be a Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner, but the color is wrong for that. It isn’t my “free surprise” chick, either, as that one is a very obvious Easter Egger. It appears to have a single comb and clean yellow legs.

0A03DD0D-7B75-403E-B406-D3B9C83C5E5D.jpeg

Any ideas on this little one? It came from McMurray yesterday and is supposed to be a Lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner, but the color is wrong for that. It isn’t my “free surprise” chick, either, as that one is a very obvious Easter Egger. It appears to have a single comb and clean yellow legs.

View attachment 2619652
I think this is your lemon Cuckoo Niederrheiner. I think the chick color varies a bit.
download (4).jpg

I ordered 5 LCNs. I received 4 that are yellow as expected (and shown in your photo), like the ones I've had before. This one, though, is darker, as shown in my photo, and is feathering in with a dark-colored pattern.

I only ordered 5 because this breed was sold straight run, so I don't really care if this one is another breed. I'm just very curious about it, because I can't quite match it up to any particular breed. It was a bit weaker than the other chicks in the order, and I was worried I might lose it overnight, but it's doing a bit better today.

Here are more photos. I think they show better how much more brown this chick is than yellow and the feather pattern coming in that doesn’t look at all lemon. In the last photo, you can also see one of the LCN chicks for comparisons.

85745CC3-834F-4C18-87DD-DF9F5F2974DE.jpeg

75F6F987-C741-4D9E-8A03-4E99AF653C9B.jpeg

D8BE06E8-DE62-4D21-9E10-8E08A0FD5202.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom