Breed help and one gender question

littlemama4est

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 22, 2011
I posted a while back but today I got some updated pictures of our little ones. As best we know, they are at least a month old, maybe 5-6 weeks....?

Wondering the breed on these:

Nugget
2nugget43011.jpg

1nugget43011.jpg

Alfalfa
1alfalfa43011.jpg

2alfalfa43011.jpg

Patty (I know...girl name and it's obviously a roo. LOL!! He was named when he was too little to know gender and who can resist a Chicken Patty.
wink.png
)

patty43011.jpg

I'm also wondering if this one is really a roo. The comb and wattle hasn't grown much since I last posted.

Big Red
This is the picture I posted when I first asked:
bigred42211.jpg

This is from today:
bigredcloseup43011.jpg

bigredlegs43011.jpg

Thanks a bunch!!

Nugget Is a Lavender Old English Game Bantam or a Lavender Dutch Bantam (White earlobes= Dutch, Red earlobes= Old English) nugget is looking like a girl

Alfalfa is a Splash Japanese Bantam Rooster (high tail, short legs)

Patty is a stumper. Might be a golden campine or gold penciled OEGB? Let's wait a little longer on him
lol.png

Big Red looks like a New Hampshire Rooster (is he Bantam or largefowl?)

Thanks!

They are all bantam.

Thought Big Red was a RIR...?

Giving this a bump to see if anyone else has input. : )

Last edited:
Quote:
Big red is a little too light in color to be a RIR, but it's possible. I'm gonna guess he's a New Hampshire Bantam
smile.png
Or a really bad quality Rhode Island Red bantam

Hello,
my name is Lisa this is my first time doing this so here it goes. There are some little bitties that my friends just gotten. They are smaller then regular chicken babies . They are brown some are dark brown and some are light. They have Green legs and green feet. They scratch like birds thats the only thing thats the same. no comb on their heads at all. they are already getting feathers on the wings. In which I was told that it is not normal for that to happen to little baby chickens. He thinks that they are little baby Quails but we are not sure. Does anyone that comes here know that baby quails look like?

Yes, I know the gender on the first three, it's pretty obvious. We are questioning Big Red. But after watching Alfalfa, Patty, and Big Red have a couple teenage show downs last night...lol...I'm gonna say roo.

Back
Top Bottom