1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breed help please

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ichihuahua, Nov 6, 2015.

1. ichihuahua

ichihuahua New Egg

Nov 5, 2015
    Santa Rosa, CA
    [​IMG]
    I just adopted three pullet girls. They are siblings. Two are white and one is black with white bars on the neck.( in back of picture) They are small but much bigger than a bantam. Any ideas on their breed? These are my first chickens. They came from the feed store and had no backround info. They are not laying yet.

2. allosaurusrock

allosaurusrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Could you get more photos? It is difficult to see from just that, but the one behind the white one looks like an Easter Egger.

3. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    White one may be a White Rock, and the one behind it is likely a barnyard mix or Easter Egger.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    x3

6. ichihuahua

ichihuahua New Egg

Nov 5, 2015
    Santa Rosa, CA
    Thank you for the help. After some more studying I think they could be Easter Eggers. They are siblings should be same thing? Might know more deffinatly when they start laying

7. allosaurusrock

allosaurusrock Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think you mentioned siblings, I could understand if they came from different parents, not the same one.

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    The thing is, with birds it's hard to be sure a clutch is always biologically related. Broody hens are notorious for stealing other hen's eggs. Having more than one rooster means you'll likely have more than one father. Without knowing more it's impossible to say if the birds are actually related or not, but I'm thinking no. The difference in body and leg color is too varied, plus I think I'm seeing different comb styles.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by