Breed HELP please......................................

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BuffyGRL, Oct 25, 2011.

1. BuffyGRL

BuffyGRL Chillin' With My Peeps

Please help I think these are mixes. Does anyone have any ideas? I am just trying to find out more about them so I can advertise them for sale. Also what colors are they?

These were given to me and I was told they were games. They are about 5 months old now

hen
    [​IMG]
    hens2
    [​IMG]
    hens3--only the one in the front of the picture
    [​IMG]
    roo
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  2. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

They seem to be prevalently Standard Game birds, but it also looks like there is some EE and Australorpe mixed in there.

3. BuffyGRL

Quote:This is my growout pen so there are Lav Ameraucanas, Black Ameraucanas, Silver Ameraucanas and the birds in question. Do you know what kind of games?

Thanks!

4. rbaker0345

rbaker0345 Big Mamma Brahma

I am not a game person, so don't quote me on this because game birds come in a slew of colors. I think the top picture is probably a red pyle OE game mixed with an EE mix of some sort. The rest are really mixed and the leg color is off, making me think australorpe or BJG. The rooster is a really muddled, he looks like he doesn't know whether he wants to be a silver duckwing or a partrige.

5. BlackCochinLover

BlackCochinLover Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2011
    Maryland
    Quote:IDK

6. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  7. prariechiken

prariechiken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    Midwest
    All look to be games to me. First hen is a blue duckwing (grey pullet) of some sort, second is blue wheaten, I got some hens looking like hen 3 when I crossed my Miner blues on some Wingate Brown reds, and yup that last rooster is a "grey" or duckwing that looks like he might have a bit of blue in him as well. Remember that to be sure you have to be the original breeder or trust his/her input as if they are pure American gamefowl, but from the pictures I don't see why they wouldn't be.

8. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Actually the first hen isn't a Blue Wheaten, nor is the third a Self-Blue. I believe Prariechiken is right on though. The third appears to have some khaki or dun influence from possibly Minor Blue.

They're American Games alright, as to what type/lines, not sure. They could even be hybrids. The splash hens in front in the second photo aren't normal though.

9. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Quote:The two in the front are Splash... not Porcelain.

10. BuffyGRL

Thanks for the input everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by