breed help times 7

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jarvis, Oct 17, 2011.

1. jarvis

jarvis Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    ok i have seven breeds left to figure out .. well six .. one is a brahma .. but was wondering if they r light or drk brahma ( i have two of them ..) not worried about gender yet .. but ill post them ain in a few weeks if i cant figure them out .. lol .. they r born on 9 -6-11 so .. they r six weeks old ..

2 of these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 of these
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 of these

[​IMG]

two of these .. single comb solid white ..

[​IMG]

2 of these the are smaller than the guys with a single comb ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theres 2 of these (three if you count the blue one ..)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and four of these ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

( also two buttercups .. and four polish .. ) but i knew what they were .. [​IMG]

2. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    anyone? i think the speckled ones are hamburgs and andalusians... but wanted some confirmation from the better pics of them .. ?

3. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Where did your chicks come from? Based on the pics provided and the information given, here are my guesses.
    1 looks like it has a pea or rose comb or something similar so I would guess a black Wyandotte. Sumatra could also be a possibility.
    2 looks to have a single comb and looks like it has slate/blue legs???? Hmmm, Phoenix?
    3 light Brahma (assuming it has feathered legs)
    4 white Leghorn or Plymouth Rock
    5 Hmmmm, splash Wyandotte? I'd like to see some better pics of this one. One straight on side shot with it standing naturally and a side pic of the head would help, I think.
    6 First thought was silver Lakenvelder but then you mentioned blue????
    7 silver spangled Hamburg

4. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    these were from meyer hatchery ..
    6 someone else said andalusians on the blue one which i agreed .. which could make the other two splash andalusians .. ?? but ill look up lakenvelders ..

5 ill look up the wyandotes.. didnt know they came in splash ... they are smaller than most of the other chicks .. so is the black two .. ( they were tiny when they arrived .. but their not terribly smaller than the other chicks now .. but deff smaller .. so are the brownsh color ones .. ill try and get better shots of the white ones with the few speckles.. they have yellow legs if that makes a differance.. and so do the solid white ones.. but everything else has slate or grey or black colored legs .. ( very very colorful assortment i got ) =p

3 is a brahma thank you for the light part lol .. i knew it was brahma .. ( yes they both have nicely feathered feet=p)

2 actually .. im not sure on its comb .. it starts off flat then turns in to the single... so i was almost wondering if they were pendesnas ( i prolli spelled that totally wrong .. ill look them up and fix it in a minute ..) with the "corination " comb ?? but ill check up on pheonixs too (soo pretty of they r roos )

and 1 its eyes get me every time .. lol thanks for your guesses .. these two are smaller than the rest .. the brown ones are small too but not quiet as small as these two ..

5. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    Quote:2 could maybe be a sicilian buttercup.

6. PeakyBeaky

PeakyBeaky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Bellefonte, PA
    #1 looks like a black wyandotte and #5 is a silver laced wyandotte.

7. Gresh

Gresh Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    North Carolina
    Quote:The two bottom white and black ones look like young Appenzeller Spitzhaubens or Silver Spangled Hamburgs. The top one looks like an Oriental gamebird, almost. Couldn't see if he had feathers on his feet to make sure he wasn't a Brahma.

8. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Last one looks like silver spangled hamburg [​IMG] They are quite flighty.. I have a mixed SSH with a polish, and it's CRAZY.. But she's getting better now that she has started laying XD

9. jarvis

May 12, 2011
    potosi
    Quote:actually i have two that are buttercups and the two brown ones i posted her are totally different .. these twos comb is comptlety differnet then the two buttercups .. =/

10. mother o' chicks72

mother o' chicks72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    #2 looks like dutch bantam

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by