Breed help?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Streakhooch, May 12, 2010.

1. Streakhooch

Streakhooch In the Brooder

May 12, 2010
    [​IMG] I have this lil Rooster "Big Shorty" and I am not sure what breed he is and was wondering what everyone might think. Its not that its important really it just bothers me that I know what my other ones are just not him as he was dropped off at my house. Thanks so much for any and all sugesstion!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Iluvmypeeps

Iluvmypeeps Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Arizona
    Looks to me that it's a splash OEG.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. Streakhooch

May 12, 2010
    I am not sure what that is. Is that short for something as I see there is alot of abbrevations on here? I am tryna learn my chicken breeds better sorry . But thank you for the suggestion, I apprciate it.

4. joe17

joe17 Songster

Nov 25, 2009
    Louisiana
    Old english game. He looks dubbed. Those are typically used as a sport [​IMG] Is he mean? THey are known to be aggresive. Thats probly why someone dropped him off [​IMG]

5. Streakhooch

May 12, 2010
    He is not mean at all. He goes anywhere he pleases, he follows me when I feed my other animals mainly my pig looking for lil feed droppings of crushed corn. My kids can go anywhere around him and he doesn't seem to mind and if anything he will go the other way. He doesn't even seem to care when my German Shepherd dogs come around him. If and when we catch him he is very chill really.

6. DTchickens

DTchickens Crowing

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    Quote:Games should be aggressive to other cocks, but not people. And now plenty of people breed them for a show or just to enjoy their personalities.. He is a game cross though, doesn't resemble any pure games I know of.

-Daniel

7. Streakhooch

May 12, 2010
    Thank you Daniel!! Appriciate your input.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by