breed help????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pthieberger, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Pthieberger

Pthieberger Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2014
    Any idea of breed for this girl. Her sisters were laying white eggs when I got her. But shbreee is truly my coolest chicken everytime I see her running I think of Jurassic park and the raptors lol. She has a very intersting personallity [​IMG][/IMG]

2. Pthieberger

Aug 29, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. Goneloopychooks

Goneloopychooks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2014
    I have been researching it and it seems to me Shbreee is a crossbreed.[​IMG]
    So the question's
    Was Shbreee a hatching from your flock?
    Or was a hatching from some one else s?
    If from your flock you need to pin point the lookalike breed,start off with your roosters, then your hen's.
    Or if from some one else s flock ask them what breeds they have and pinpoint which one look alike to Shbreee.

I'm sorry i couldn't provide you with an accurate breed[​IMG]
    Brittany

4. juliasell

juliasell Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    Egyptian fayoumi.

5. Goneloopychooks

Goneloopychooks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 16, 2014
    OMG how he heck did you find that was searching for an hour.[​IMG]
    You are officially my idol, even though I'm not the one who asked the question.
    Brittany

6. Pthieberger

Aug 29, 2014
    Julia thats what I was thinking too but there are two breeds that look just alike. Thanks for ur input im gonna go with that. Thanks for ur input too loopy....does anyone no about that Egyptian breed? Are they pretty good chickens for some reason or another she has paired up wotth my polish rooster and they dont leave each others side!!!

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Looks like an Egyptian Fayoumi to me, too.I don't know much about the breed, except that they can be flighty and mature quickly.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    x2

9. juliasell

juliasell Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2013
    I've had a couple Egyptians, they're not cuddly chickens, but they are good layers and good foragers. They tend to be flighty but that has helped mine escape a few predators, I really enjoy mine. Beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by