Breed Help!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mikeada23, Feb 24, 2015.

1. mikeada23

mikeada23 New Egg

Jan 4, 2015
    Bought these chicks two weeks ago, and was told they were about a week old. So now these little ones are about 3-4 weeks old. I have three Delaware’s, which I am pretty sure is correct according to pics on BYC. My question is the black one. I was told by the feed store that it was a ROCK but they never specified the type. From looking at the pic at the store it looks like a Barred Rock, but my little chick just does not seem like she/he is from her age. Can anyone tell me what she/he may be?

When we first brought them home the Delaware’s picked at her like she was an outsider, now she seems to rule the brooder. They do not beat each other up but they defiantly move away from her at times. She is also the only one that will roost on the stick at this time. She is also very jumpy and does not want to be close to us or held, except in the first pic when the electric went off and no heat lamp, they needed warming. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    I can't see his/her comb very well, but he/she appears to have a rose comb. That being said, I say he/she is a Silver Laced Wyandotte.

3. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Not Barred Rock...she/he looks to have a Rosecomb (little inverted horseshoe with luck running down beak).

She looks to be a Silver Laced Wyandotte or possibly Gold Laced Wyandotte...your color tones are a bit blue so it is hard to tell if that is silver or maybe a warmer gold in the highlights.

Lady of McCamley

4. mikeada23

mikeada23 New Egg

Jan 4, 2015
    Here is a little better pics, well at least the first one. I looked up Wyandotte but cant seem to find just silver or gold. Lighting right now at the house is not good so I cannot see highlights, I will try and see when outside in the sun tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LRH97

LRH97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2013
    Southern Illinois
    Looks like a Golden Laced Wyandotte. Here's an example

:[​IMG]

6. Cyan Night

Cyan Night Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    I agree, looks like a gold laced Wyandotte

7. Lady of McCamley

Lady of McCamley Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2011
    NW Oregon
    Yep...that last pic shows it looks to be a Golden Laced Wyandotte.

Sometimes the Silver and Gold are hard to tell apart at the early chick stage, but the Silver will get more silver and the Gold, well, will warm up gold.

LofMc

8. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    I agree.

9. mikeada23

mikeada23 New Egg

Jan 4, 2015
    Thanks all, I knew something was not right. Not upset about the breed, because it will be a good looking chicken, just needed clarification.

10. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Golden Laced Wyandotte.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by