Breed I.D. requested - think OEGB

Buns

Chirping
9 Years
Jul 3, 2010
Quitman, Texas
Received a large qty of assorted hatching eggs from seller moving out of state. Now have chicks, both LF and bantam, that I need help identifying. Here is the first bantam. Thanks for any help. This chick is just a few days old.

62150_chick_1a.jpg

62150_chick_1b.jpg

62150_chick_1c.jpg

62150_chick_1d.jpg

62150_chick_1e.jpg

Last edited:
No one has any ideas???
hmm.png
I thought it would be easy for you guys... Pls help when you can. Possible I guess that it could be a Dutch variety as well. He also had those. Thank you!

Quote:
Your chick could be a Old English but at that age it is hard to tell.
Could be a OE, Dutch, Andalusian ect.

Chris

It's not an Andalusian, nor is it pure splash. The faded markings on the back and the black dot on the head say it's got either columbian or wheaten leaking through, but does at least have the genetics for being splash (or a light blue)

I'd say it is either an OEGB or a Dutch Bantam.

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for your input.
big_smile.png

Ok, so the guy I got the eggs from definitely had self blue dutch (but I have had some chicks of that breed before and they didn't look like this) and he also had columbian OEGB.
Someone mentioned that the dot on the head is a sex related marking. Is it an indication of a male or a female?
Do columbian chicks start out with color on the back that disappears and then dark feathers appear on the neck and tail? That seems odd, but I guess stranger things have happened!
Thank you all so very much for your ideas.
Oh, one more thing. Do Andalusians come in bantam size? This is definitely a bantam sized chick and does not look like my andalusian LF chicks at all.
Thanks again! I'm excited to find out what he/she is.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom