Breed ID - 1 runner and 2 black swedish?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by AmCanyonStables, Aug 1, 2010.

1. AmCanyonStables

AmCanyonStables Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    American Canyon
    I posted when they were babies, and it was thought that they were either all swedish or maybe some magpie.
    [​IMG][/img]
    The mystery duck was the one with the most white at that time (Lois), with one person who did wonder about the current mystery duck, who is the black one (Cleaveland)

Cleaveland
    [​IMG][/img]

Here are all three for comparison:

Glen Quackmire Cleaveland Lois
    [​IMG][/img]

So, what do you think? Is Cleaveland a runner - I am not sure, because his neck does not look as long as some photos I've seen.

2. tia

tia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Valdez, Alaska
    He looks similar in shape as some of the hatchery runners I have. I would think that he is at least part runner. Others may be able to tell you better. My black runner is more of a solid black with some green. I like the blue.

3. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Looks just like my hatchery black runners. In pictures of the "ideal" runner you see something taller and slenderer, and that is what you get if you order ducks from Holderread or other quality operation. But hatchery runners look about like your pretty boy. And yes, the blue is very common in any black duck. He is very pretty, and so are those Swedish. [​IMG]

4. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

lol Family Guy names

5. AmCanyonStables

AmCanyonStables Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    American Canyon
    Thanks everyone - that makes sense, I had only seen photos of breeder runner ducks, so was confused. I think he is pretty too - although the photo is a little misleading - the blue feathers change color depending on the light, they more often look green.

Jeeper, you noticed! Started with Glen Quackmire, then just had to go with Lois and Cleaveland.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by