Breed ID? I'm a bit lost!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by X2Farm, Aug 17, 2010.

1. X2Farm

X2Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    I would so appreciate if yall could help me out here, with some breed ID's. I'd LOVE to have gender id as well, but I'm thinkin its too early for most of em. They're all 4 weeks old tomorrow.

First is the Roo.. I'm pretty darn sure he's a roo, by looks/attitude, but bein a newb, might be wrong? And I'm thinkin RIR, though he's got greenish legs, which I thought was VERY odd, since RIR/NHR/PR should have yellowish legs, correct?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is what he looked like at approx a week old
    [​IMG]

Next is...?!? Some kinda game chick? Brahma? The coloring is gorgeous, an almost pumkiny orangeish with the black shading
    [​IMG]

3/4
    Next are the two I suspect might be EE's, though there's no poofy cheeks, and the legs have a light greenish tint to them right now. They are pretty much identical.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Schmoo. She's (hoping its a pullet) is gold laced and an absolute doll! Thinkin she's a Barnevelder?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Bo.. who has a rose comb (the one with the lil horn at the back) She's silver laced and has perfected the stink eye, that I get on a regular basis, LOL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thats all for now! I appreciate ANY help yall can give me!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  2. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Here's two more I'm curious on... both same age as previous chicks

pretty sure this is another roo, maybe a Black Australorp?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

not sure on this one? Though we just named her Punkin [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2010
  3. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    that top bird with the very red comb is a roo. I cant help you with the breeds though.

4. rcentner

rcentner Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Le Roy, NY
    6,7 and 8 look like partridge rocks with the yellow legs and all. I wonder if you are right about the barnvelder, looks good to me, but idk barnvelders. Nice lookin bunch you've got there!

5. slackwater

slackwater Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2010
    SoMD
    The second bird in the second post looks like a New Hampshire. Not sure on sex...nor do I have any idea what the rest are [​IMG]

6. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    tuesdays chicks, thanks, between the red comb, bossy tude, and the fact that he's the biggest one.. (He's ALL legs [​IMG] ) had me convinced he's a roo

RC, 6/7/8 are the pair of identicals.. though they have green tinted legs, its hardly noticable (and I wasn't able to get a pic, I'll try for a better pic tomorrow) [​IMG] and Thank You [​IMG] These are just a few, we have 53 total [​IMG]

slack, thanks, the first few are of the same roo. I was thinkin along the same lines as NH.. thanks [​IMG]

7. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    Here's one more pic of the pair (3 & 4) from the first post, to show the comb, if it helps ?

[​IMG]

8. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    The black and white on is a black australorp and male. The one I just rehomed got comb early at about a week to ten days and had a long neck we called him ostrich. The 2 liitle girls I got hardly has a comb at 20 days and they dont have the long gangly looking neck.

9. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    anyone else? [​IMG]

10. X2Farm

Jul 6, 2010
    Homer, GA
    one more bump

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by