Breed ID now 9 wk NEW PICS bantams please.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Tootsie, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Tootsie

Tootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Now here are NEW pics at 9 weeks taken last night the dark male may be a cross he has feathers on his shins:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I already know I have 2 males and 1 female all clean legged single comb hatched from cream colored bantam eggs. The eggs were about the same or maybe a little smaller than my silkie eggs if that helps. Hatched 1/14/14.

I hatched these for someone who does not know what kind of bantams they are (a newby who only has 2 sex link hens) and doesn't have the contact info on the farm he got the eggs from. There was a bit of a language barrier which makes it a little difficult.

I told him he had 2 males & 1 female a few weeks ago but now all of a sudden he is saying he may only want 1 male & I really don't want to break up the trio and will try and talk him out of it. The agreement was he take all of the chicks but... live & learn. I would love to know what breed they are. He says the parents are quite small and he is saying they are probably almost full grown (I know that cannot be) which makes me wonder how large they will get. I just took these pictures today 3/8/14 to
    him but I can take more for you if needed to ID. Any help appreciated. Anyone? Thank you for your time.

email[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. MoototheCluck88

MoototheCluck88 Chillin' With My Peeps

The darker one kind of looks like a ameraucana to me.

3. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    They didn't hatch from blue eggs they are all the same breed they were cream colored eggs an I have ameraucanas and know what they look like, bearded with muffs these are all CLEAN FACED chicks. Thanks anyway. He said the grandparents of these birds are from Mesopatamia. Does that help?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  4. MoototheCluck88

MoototheCluck88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Maybe a
    Lakenvelder?

5. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Anyone know what breed they are? Don't think so Lakenvelders are black & white. Thanks though anyone?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  6. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Is there anyone who knows what these are? Please help.

7. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    They might be Serama or Serama mix. They really just look like mixed breed mutts to me since they are all a different color.

8. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Thanks I wish he had more information. But other than the color they all look alike. There was another white one that died after 2 weeks was very weak from the start. I think they are different colors of whatever the breed is. They ar very easy to handle.

9. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    I just put up new pictures taken last night does that help anyone on ID. Really hoping the colorful male is a purebreed???

10. KieksterChicken

KieksterChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2013
    Florida
    Well, I can say for sure the 2 roos are not Ameraucana in any sense of the word. The white pullet seems to have some Easter Egger characteristics though. She has the dark greenish/brown legs, a pea comb and I think I am seeing a tiny puffy bit of feathers on her cheeks? Anyhow. If she hatched from a cream colored egg then she's not an Easter Egger..lol. Possibly she is a mix with some Ameraucana/Araucana genes in there somewhere? Best way to try and get him to take all 3 as per agreement is to charge him a fee..maybe $20 per bird or so if you have to keep 2. Tell him they are free if he takes all 3 but there will be a $20 fee per bird to cover labor that went into hatching them and to cover future feed and labor for any he leaves with you. It's amazing how they change their minds when there is a fee involved .lol! I think you should just consider the fact that they are probably mixes and not pure breeds at all.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by