Breed ID Please: Beautiful Wild Ducks *Pics Added*

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
This morning I walked into the kitchen and saw the Muscovies all coming back up to the pen and along with them was about 15 of the most beautiful little ducks I have ever seen around here! I wasn't able to get a picture right then, they're VERY flighty, but here's a description....

-Little bit bigger than Mallard size but more round, "chubby" looking.
-the drakes(i assume) had a cool tear drop white spot on their foreheads. More hens than drakes, clearly not paired, I watched 2 hens follow around 1 male until they got spooked.
-Drakes & hens were both dark colors that blended well into eachother (no sudden changes like the mallards green head)
-They were VERY busy! like little machines they were plucking up goodies their whole way up to the yard with the Muscovies.
-They seemed just right at home with them but were obviously wild.

this is the first year I have seen them here and they're just so cute!

Sorry they're such poor quality, i don't know where our good camera is right now
sad.png

000_0009.JPG

Copy%20of%20000_0009.JPG

Last edited:
Thank you all very much! Is it possible that they will stick around or are they probably just stopping by on their way to somewhere else? The strange Blue Heron I posted about in "Other Pets & Livestock" a couple weeks ago is still hanging around and also seems to have taken a liking to them, lol.

I must have pretty good looking ducks
idunno.gif
they sure get a lot of visitors.

Back
Top Bottom