Breed ID please - new baby ducks

Bleenie

Wyan-DO's
10 Years
Jul 14, 2009
The Beautiful Pacific NW ,WA
Yes that's right, they're Not Muscovies!
lol.png
Went to a different feed store yesterday to get shavings for the brooder and of course we had to see the babies. Went around the corner and saw some HUGE turkey babies and some big meat chicks and a few empty barrels, just when i was thinking they had no fuzzies i saw a small group of ducklings in one of the corner tubs! SO CUTE, little crested ones! i was only going to adore them for a minute until i saw their water was bone dry and their mouths were crusty
smack.gif
(<feed store employees). They were $6ea which is high for this far into the year but I had to buy as many as i could which sadly was only two, but i was glad to take them home and spoil them! I did complain about the water being empty too.

I had to have the dark one with the huge crest and the other had cute markings and kept looking at me... I have no idea what kinds they are though. We THINK the light one could be runner because it's so tall but we don't know what color it might be. We have NO clue what the black one is. They're both pretty mellow, don't scream bloody murder when you try to pick em up. I did notice the dark one has a pretty big head, maybe it's a breed thing but I am kinda thinking it's a boy.

So what do you guys think they are? ..... besides adorable
love.gif

I forgot how messy baby ducks were, all those chicks could go a week before i changed their shavings, but in just one night it looks like i might have the change these shavings after just a couple days!
th.gif

Yes that's right, they're Not Muscovies!
lol.png
Went to a different feed store yesterday to get shavings for the brooder and of course we had to see the babies. Went around the corner and saw some HUGE turkey babies and some big meat chicks and a few empty barrels, just when i was thinking they had no fuzzies i saw a small group of ducklings in one of the corner tubs! SO CUTE, little crested ones! i was only going to adore them for a minute until i saw their water was bone dry and their mouths were crusty
smack.gif
(<feed store employees). They were $6ea which is high for this far into the year but I had to buy as many as i could which sadly was only two, but i was glad to take them home and spoil them! I did complain about the water being empty too.

I had to have the dark one with the huge crest and the other had cute markings and kept looking at me... I have no idea what kinds they are though. We THINK the light one could be runner because it's so tall but we don't know what color it might be. We have NO clue what the black one is. They're both pretty mellow, don't scream bloody murder when you try to pick em up. I did notice the dark one has a pretty big head, maybe it's a breed thing but I am kinda thinking it's a boy.

So what do you guys think they are? ..... besides adorable
love.gif

I forgot how messy baby ducks were, all those chicks could go a week before i changed their shavings, but in just one night it looks like i might have the change these shavings after just a couple days!
th.gif
I don't have an idea what breed but your right they are adorable, and because of stuff like that [no water etc] I don't go to TSC during chick days.

This feed store is a small family owned one, I believe they started with just horse supplies but expanded to all farm supplies... It's not the first time i've seen bad conditions there and normally i avoid the place for anything but it's the closest and i needed shavings to change the brooders yesterday. I buy all my feed at the local hardware store and have been waiting for them to start carrying white shavings.

Does the light one have eye stripes? It almost looks like a apricot runner

Back
Top Bottom