Breed Ideas? 3 day old chicks

givengrove

Chirping
Mar 15, 2017
Missouri
1. Not a feather-legged

2. Feather-legged

3. Not a feather-legged

4. No feathers, supposedly a turkey, the feet seem like it.

5. Feather-legged

1. Not a feather-legged Probably a Wyandotte

2. Feather-legged Probably a Langshan, maybe cochin

3. Not a feather-legged something the colour blue or splash

4. No feathers, supposedly a turkey, the feet seem like it. Not a turkey, its a polish or a similar crested breed.

5. Feather-legged Possibly cochin? Could be something else...

Thank you so so much! I can't believe that it's not a turkey? It was sold as turkey? I thought it looked like a silkie to be honest but it didn't have the fifth toe. Interesting... but thank you! :D

Thank you so so much! I can't believe that it's not a turkey? It was sold as turkey? I thought it looked like a silkie to be honest but it didn't have the fifth toe. Interesting... but thank you! :D
Of course! Turkey chicks are much bigger and bulkier, they dont have that head bump, instead have a tiny bump on their nose :) Heres a good picture of some turkey chicks (from google) that kinda shows that more square head and larger size (hopefully) :)

turkey-chicks4.jpg

Hi, welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

The only one I can ID with confidence would be the Silver Laced Wyandotte.

Cochin is a good guess on the feather legged. Marans could also be a possibility.

I have seen some "pet quality" silkies with 4 toes but they still have feathered legs... but I'm thinking possibly Sultan or Polish? But I see Sultan also have feathered legs... so polish I suppose would actually be my best guess after reasoning it out.

All cute babies!
love.gif

I would probably guess Sultan also since I think bearded polish are more rare than a sultan except that Sultans have five toes and this little gal has 4.... I guess it'd be a white bearded polish (or if it has colour on its back it will be different :))

Back
Top Bottom