Breed ideas please?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Highlander, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Hatched these 8 weeks ago. Hubby brought home the eggs and he had no idea what breeds the people he got them from had. They all hatched out really different so I am assuming they are mixes but any guesses will be welcome! Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh! 2 of them hatched from a pale bluey green egg and the other two from a white egg but I can't remember which was which!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. janastasio

janastasio Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    New Hampshire
    My runners lay pale green eggs, so maybe a runner mix of sorts. Sometimes it is so hard to tell on the mix breeds. They can look so different. This pic is of my ancona x buff ducks. Never would have pegged their looks from what they came from! Either way they are SUPER cute!

[​IMG]

3. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

To me...2 look like Swedish, 1 looks Rouen and the white 1 I want to say Pekin...but Im not to sure, something doesnt look right...I could be wrong tho. Thats just my 2 pennys worth [​IMG]

4. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:OOOOH, they are purdy ducks.

5. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    Thanks for the replies so far. From my research I had thought the black and the choc were Swedish looking and the wee guy might me Mal mix? I couldn't remember if it was the Mals or the Rouens that had the single eye stripe. Either way he is much smaller than the others. Do either Mal or Rouen come in bantam or is he just runty perhaps? The white has pink bill and feet if that makes any difference.

6. KansasKid

KansasKid Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2010
    South East Kansas
    Rouens have two eyestripes and are slow growers. THe pink on the bill on the white duck kinda confuses me though.

7. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    I read something on here about the breed with a pink bill a couple month ago, forgot it though.

8. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    Quote:its an aylesbury!!!!

i love em... your so lucky!!!

9. AdamD77

AdamD77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Bedfordshire, England
    Yeah pink bill and feet with white feathers is an Aylesbury! The likelihood of it being pure and not crossed somewhere along the line with a pekin is quite small but you should be proud of that duck! Pure Aylesburys are becoming rarer and rarer [​IMG]

10. magoochie

magoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

That white duck is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!! I'm jealous!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by