Breed ideas?

aliciaFarmer

Songster
May 3, 2018
Oregon
I ordered a few extra chicks last week and received them in the mail, not that I needed any extra but you know how it goes. I ordered a Swedish Flower Hen that died, a Speckled Sussex and a White Cochin. This little one is supposed to be the Cochin but clearly isn't. She started out yellow last week with a little bit of gray wing coloring but now she's developing black wing patterns. I knew straight out of the box she wasn't a Cochin because she doesn't have a single feather on her legs or feet but I can't for the life of me figure out what she may be. (Or he? But I'm crossing my fingers it's a girl. My last hatch was 6 boys and 2 girls!)

20190421_155041.jpg

20190421_155034.jpg

20190421_155050.jpg

Edited to add face/comb pics...

View attachment 1747580
View attachment 1747581

Last edited:
@oldhenlikesdogs Silver Spangled Hamburgs appear to have gray legs and are darker as day olds, but they look similarly around the 2 week mark (not counting leg color). The wing pattern is so similar. I thought maybe Exchequer Leghorn too, but by now those are more black it appears.

@oldhenlikesdogs Silver Spangled Hamburgs appear to have gray legs and are darker as day olds, but they look similarly around the 2 week mark (not counting leg color). The wing pattern is so similar. I thought maybe Exchequer Leghorn too, but by now those are more black it appears.
I couldn't find anything that fit what you have exactly in their book. So I took a good guess based on similar types. I definitely will be interested in seeing what it ends up being.

Back
Top Bottom