Breed Identification plz !!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Dorinkashi, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Dorinkashi

Dorinkashi Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2016
    Hi Dear Fellows!!
    Kindly help me out to recognisze these mentioned chicks,
    First of all I got them by the name of Wyndotte
    But the pullet dont hv yellow legs as I hv learnt tht Wyndottes have yellow legs...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also I got these by the name of Gold/Partridge Brahma, R these the same & do they seems to b good quality breed ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    All mixed breeds.

3. Dorinkashi

Nov 24, 2016
    Mixed Breed ? How could u identify it ...

4. PeepersMama

PeepersMama Living in a galaxy far, far away... Premium Member

The ones you got as gold partridge brahmas are definetly brahms, but wait til they get older to question quality. They look like they're gonna be big, gorgeous birds!
    The "wyandottes," even if they are mostly dottes, aren't very good quality. One cockerel has feathers on his legs, which is a huge disqualification in a show. I almost thought they were light brahmas at first, becuase their lacing is pretty crummy right now, but the pullets with willow feet? That's just weird [​IMG]

5. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    The "Wyandottes" have the right comb type, but not the correct plumage. The Brahmas have the correct comb type and feathered legs, but only one looks like a proper partridge. The other is a cockerel, but definitely has the wrong plumage for a purebred partridge male.

6. PeepersMama

The brahmas (I think) look like purebreds, but definitely not the best quality out there.

7. Dorinkashi

Nov 24, 2016
  8. junebuggena

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Typical hatchery quality parents, and the pens share fencing, so crossbreeds are possible. Roosters can find a way to breed hens through wire fences.

9. PeepersMama

And the dude selling them thought they were a rare breed. They are pretty common unless he's in the Middle East or somthin

10. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    I agree the "Wyandottes" are mixes. Someone hopped the fence, or eggs got mixed up, or something. Feathered legs are a partially dominant trait, so that cockerel had a feather legged parent.

the other one has wrong coloring, it looks more silver partridge-ish, not laced. Those funky legs, and I can't tell the comb style well, but it's a mix.

The Brahmas look like Brahmas to me. They may not all be "correct" color, but that is simply something that happens when you breed animals. If they all came out perfect, breeders wouldn't need to hatch hundreds of chicks and cull down to the best 5....they'd just hatch 5 and be done with it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by