Breed of 2 week old chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BHall8705, Oct 26, 2014.

1. BHall8705

BHall8705 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2014
    Esmond, IL
    I have 3 chicks that I am unsure of breed. Maybe Australorp? The white one has me stumped! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Where did you get these birds? The first looks to have too much white for an Australorp. My guess is that its an Ancona or another mottled breed. The other black chick does look like an Australorp. I'm not sure on the light bird. What color legs does it have? It could be an Easter Egger.

3. popsicle

popsicle Chillin' With My Peeps

The bottoms of the black bird look yellow to me--so I would guess Black Jersey Giant.

White one could be Wheaten colored, but we would need to know the comb type and leg color to guess at breed.

I agree, top bird is mottled something.

4. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Agreed.

5. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    X2

6. BHall8705

BHall8705 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 20, 2014
    Esmond, IL
    The light bird has yellow legs. I received them through a young 4-H member in my nieces club. He receives donated eggs from a neighbor, and whatever he hatches out he gets to sell and keep the money for his own chickens, and other animals. We had a sad incident where we lost 8 bird from a loose neighborhood dog [​IMG], so bought his last chicks before winter came! The thrill of the unknown was so exciting, until I realized I hate the unknown! But, we have a variety of birds to keep a unique coop.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by