Breed of chicken laying as quail

Pet Rose

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 1, 2010
Hello there,

I have 5 Coturnix and I am getting 4-5 eggs per day. I love their eggs but I am dying to have a chicken/hen that lay similar to the quails, you know, one that will lay and walk away without announcing its accomplishment, any recommended breed? (I need to keep them a secret in my backyard)
wink.png

We had bantam cochins that never announced their accomplishments
lol.png
Actually come to think of it, none of our bantams really make much noise, but definantly stay away from buff orpingtons and welsummers. They are very proud layers
celebrate.gif

Cochins Arent Prolific Layers.... Bantam Or Standard, And My Standards Sing To The World When They Lay, Tho Not As Bad As My Seramas. The Only Difference Is The Lil Pigmy Girls Sound Like They're Singing Inside An Old Glass Coke Bottle Because They Are So Small.
smile.png

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

As far as I know there really isn't a breed that does that ...
hmm.png
You get one here and there that won't sing her eggs song, but there is only a 99.9 % chance.
smile.png

Yes 99.5% chance, depending more on an individual than on breed in general.

The only risk free noise wise are Muscovie ducks, but they lay much less eggs than other ducks or chickens, cause they love to go broody most of the time.

What's wrong with coturnix eggs? They are more nutricious than chicken eggs. I eat them coturnix eggs exlusively, leaving chicken eggs for rest of my family. LOL​

Back
Top Bottom