breed of hen

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by vsmenagerie, Oct 17, 2011.

1. vsmenagerie

vsmenagerie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    So, last one. I havent been able to figure this one out. I am pretty sure I am getting light brown eggs from them. There are two that look the same. No white eggs and I have caught the two white hens in the nest boxes...but I cannot say 100% they are laying.

[​IMG]

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    I would have to guess that they are white Plymouth Rocks.

3. pastorwalt

pastorwalt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2011
    yep white Plymouth rocks

4. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Thank you! I have been looking but there are so many different ones lol

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

They don't look like rocks to me... [​IMG]

This is a white rock - and something seems weird with your girls' tail feathers

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  6. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Quote:She doesnt really have any [​IMG] Everyone is in some various stage of molting. The other one is missing back feathers, Im guessing partly from molting and partly from the rooster... so I have some with no tails, some with only like 3 tail feathers, some with just thinned feathers all over. Its interesting! LOL

7. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    White Rocks.

Oh.. the molting! I feel bad for them when it happens, but I crack up sometimes too. [​IMG]

8. vsmenagerie

Jul 23, 2011
    MT
    Quote:LOL yea, there are feathers everywhere! They were picking a little bit too when I got them, but that has seemed to pretty much stop. I dont notice anything new regarding that. I have noticed a few girls with their elbows I guess? bare haha some of them have fluffy spots from the downy feathers sticking out. And then we have some with no tails!

9. Lothiriel

Lothiriel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Aug 30, 2007
    New York State
    My Coop
    Quote:LOL yea, there are feathers everywhere! They were picking a little bit too when I got them, but that has seemed to pretty much stop. I dont notice anything new regarding that. I have noticed a few girls with their elbows I guess? bare haha some of them have fluffy spots from the downy feathers sticking out. And then we have some with no tails!

Have you looked at this thread? https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=580968 There are some SERIOUS molters in there! [​IMG]

10. pedro24

pedro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2009
    arthur, ontario
    pylmouth rock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by