Breed of horse you absolutely HATE! or Dis like ?

jackrooster

Songster
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
Maine
Does anyone have breeds of horses you hate?? or dis like.......lets not me mean.....buut i hate Standarbreds, appys, paints, some quarter horses, albinos, blue eyed horses...yuck!! !......or horses with just bad conformation that shouldnt have ben bred

Last edited:
I dislike the training more then the animal, but I am not a big fan of the hot breeds. particularly the thoroughbred. worked as a groom for years... a 16+ hand 1200+ pound horse with the fitness level and attitude of a marine on crack and then throw in little to no training and very often abuse. nope not my idea of fun.

Quarter horses.
I do NOT get along with any horse out of the breed.
They do not like me either.

Now give me my Morgan horse.

I dislike no horse, all horses can be worked with IF you know their mindset, You have to work a QH, all the time...they are a working breed, kinda like border collies.
IF you let them sit, they think that is ALL they should have to do, and get surly, or get bad behavior from that mind set.

Appy's can have a similar mindset, and can be some of the best or the worst horses... but you can over come that with training.

Arabs are usually too smart for their own good, and you have to be smarter than the horse.
SOme horses can be lazy, or neurotic, I have one of those, she is an awesome trail and parade horse.
If you educate yourself about each breed, you can work with ANY horse, mule, donkey or equine.

Standardbreds, they truly are america's warm blood, look at any of them in their older years, and you will see they look like any warm blood you look at.
They start out as pacer's or trotter's, they end up as carriage horses, children's horses, trail horses (by the hour too), hunters, jumpers, dressage horses...
Thoroughbreds do too, but at least the STB industry is trying a little to ensure they are saved after their racing careers are over.
QH's are being over bred, and more and more genetic disorders are being found, Appalousa's used to be a great breed, some known for an Indian shuffle...
now they are basically QH's with spots.

Look beyond the type of horse, look into the horse's personality, you may find something wonderful.

Carol

Wow!!!!!!!!! There is a lot of variety in the likes and dislikes between people. Well I don't like warmbloods and appys!!!!! HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!! The warmbloods are buttheads and the appys are just annoying. Now paints were never my favorite I guess it could be because I didnt' have a lot of experience with them but I did have some. But I just got my first horse a few weeks ago.........and guess what its a paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I absolutly LOVE her!!!!!!! Its so funny I always said my first horse would never be anything but a Arabian and she would NEVER be white......I always hated white horses. But here I am with a 5 yr. old WHITE and brown Paint mare!!!!!!!! But I love her to pieces!!!!!!!!
love.gif

Dont hate any but prefer appys myself.
wink.png
Very smart creatures. Or mabey its just mine? Wouldnt be able to say havent met any i didnt own lol. The only horse ive know thats smarter is my 17hand gelding of unknown breed but think hes got quarterhorse in him. We have seven horses we care for 5 of which are ours personally and 2 my mother in laws but she does nothing with them so mainly ours. Quarter horse is my second fave though. I have a quarter horse broodmare/light riding i absolutely love.

Quarter Horses. Especially the ones with the huge muscled butts.
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif

I'm not a huge horse fan, or a horse fan in general - But those I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole.

Back
Top Bottom