Breed of our sweet pullet? PICTURE PACKED

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bantambury, Oct 25, 2013.

1. bantambury

bantambury life does go on.

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hello everyone!!!! about 7 months ago my sister, chickED, and I had gotten a mixed egg batch. we had originally asked for two silkie eggs and four ameraucana eggs. we let our broody black Australorp hen sit and hatch these eggs......but when the eggs hatched, we had only one silkie, and three other unknown breeds!!! two of our other eggs did not pull through, one was crushed and the other never hatched.

Here is a picture of our eggs, and the hatching hen:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the chicks we got out of these eggs, two of which we have found the breed....the other two are still unknown:
    [​IMG]
    this is our Japanese bantam chick

[​IMG]
    From left to right, is an unknown baby, another unknown, and our white silkie.

The little tan chick you see in the middle is one of the two chicks we are trying to figure out the breed.
    here she is!!
    [​IMG]
    This is ED!!! My sister claims she came from a tinted blue green egg. when she was a baby she had long sort of legs, about a brownish tan color.

As she began to grow up, she took about 3x longer to mature than the other chicks. she would always stay in the back of the flock, and she was the smallest, but with a big mouth and huge personality. when she would cheep, she would be the loudest and sometimes would sound like a duck!!

Here is ED as she began to mature:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    As you see, ED has always been the smallest of her flock, a just now began getting a bit bigger than out Japanese Bantam roo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    tiny ED in her flock

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Pea comb!?!?!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ED and our jap bantam Cadbury

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ed and her big sister Pumpkin, whom we don't know her breed as well
    [​IMG]
    ED and Pumpkin again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Me and the flock.....ED has grown ALOT!!!!

[​IMG]
    ED flying

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Recently I have noticed ED's tail feathers have been curling.....would this help with determining her breed?

[​IMG]
    ED about a month ago

[​IMG]
    ED yesterday.

I was looking on my breeder's website, and found this picture of three young hens that I thought looked like ED....now I realize they don't look too much alike anymore.
    [​IMG]

FEATHERS:
    her feathers are tan and white, some of them looking like a laced Wyandotte. she is beginning to get small grey specks in her neck and tail feathers, and some of her scruff feathers are becoming sort of curly and flipped. her legs are feathers a small bit on the outside, but not completely down them. her tail is beginning to curl like sickle feathers. I have also realized she had began to hold herself a bit differently as well.

If you all have any idea of what ED is, please let me know!!! I find it hard searcing for chickens that would look like her because there is such a variety!!!

some have told he she is some of the following:
    -Gold Sex-link
    -Buff Ameraucana mix
    -Buff Orbington (they look nothing alike though)

again, please let me know if you know our sweet girl's Breed!!

thanks!
    ~Bantambury

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i know i'm going to mess the spelling up but did you compare her next to the chancellor? i really like your black tailed white bantam rooster i've had a few of these but always hen. and there is also a buff jap. bantam. nice pics.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i know i'm going to mess the spelling up but did you compare her next to the chancellor? i really like your black tailed white bantam rooster i've had a few of these but always hen. and there is also a buff jap. bantam. nice pics.

4. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think that she is a mix. Because she came from a greenish blue egg, she probably has some Easter Egger in her. She's very pretty! And I really love your Japanese bantam!

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    In my opinion, ED is a mixed breed. Probably with some Easter Egger in her background; she may or may not lay blue-green eggs when she starts laying. All of your birds are adorable!

6. bantambury

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    What do you mean chancellor?

7. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    I think granny hatchet may be talking about the Chantecler breed of chicken.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ya, what she said! lol

9. bantambury

Sep 3, 2013
    North Carolina
    im sorry, we don't have any chancellor breeds........but thankyou about Cadbury!!!

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    misspell something and it gets reposted 5 times. the shame [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by