Breed of this ugly chick!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by AUChick9202, May 23, 2011.

1. AUChick9202

AUChick9202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    I know all chickens go through an ugly, awkward stage, but this one is really looking ugly lately! The guy I bought her from sold her as a Buff Orp, but she is definitely not that. I am new to chickens, but I can't find another chicken like her. She was a yellow chick and her feathers started coming in white, so I thought at first Leghorn. But now she has these red feathers coming in stripes on her back and wings. Her feet are yellow. I am thinking now she is a mutt of some kind. Any guesses??

She is on the right....

[​IMG]

2. La Mike

La Mike (Always Slightly Off)

Nov 20, 2009
    louisiana
    Which one [​IMG] Looks wheaton to me.

3. AUChick9202

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Oh...I know...the left one is a mystery too....thinking BA maybe....they are both kind of ugly right now!

4. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Umm.. I have to say it.. are you sure she isn't a he?

Chicks do go through that 'awkward' teen stage. I can't wait to see what they grow into!

5. AUChick9202

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:Hush your mouth!! LOL I know that she has a comb, but it is not red at all. I'll keep an eye on "her." It wouldn't be the first time I was sold a pullet that turned out to be a roo. I already have one roo in my small flock.....really don't need two [​IMG]

Last edited: May 23, 2011
  6. fifenashia

fifenashia Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Eastern Kentucky
    Our Golden Comets have white feathers on the wings and then grow in red stripes later... But I am new at this and totally suck at "guess the breed" games [​IMG]

7. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Hush your mouth!! LOL I know that she has a comb, but it is not red at all. I'll keep an eye on "her." It wouldn't be the first time I was sold a pullet that turned out to be a roo. I already have one roo in my small flock.....really don't need two [​IMG]

Sorry, I just had to say it! [​IMG] I hope it is a pullet for your sake!

8. Chicken Boy-17

Chicken Boy-17 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    Cute little misfitts' !

9. AUChick9202

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah
    Quote:I think you might be right....I just did a search on those and she does look similar.

10. AUChick9202

Apr 9, 2011
    Utah

Sorry, I just had to say it! [​IMG] I hope it is a pullet for your sake!

I hope you know I was teasing! Don't you love trying to guess gender at this age [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by