BREED PLEASE?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by CocoPopz, Aug 8, 2013.

1. CocoPopz

CocoPopz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Can anyone tell me what breed cockeral this is, I know it's a mixed breed but it has a name to the breed, and its a newish breed, it has alot Of feather, 5 toes on each leg as well as spurs, he also has feather goings down his leg, and alot of it! [​IMG]
    We breed him with a normal laying chicken and these are his offspring
    [​IMG] 9 week old, 4 toes but feather on legs similar colouring, I had a
    Yellow chick hatch that grew white adult feathers, no feather on legs but 5 toes, I also hatched some more out and surprisingly I had a black and yellow chick, 5 toes without feather on legs, 2 yellow chicks but 1 had 5 toes on one leg and 4 on other, both with feather on leg! It bought that was quite interesting tbh! These are the yellow chicks that have started getting there feathers, 3 week old [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG] on the first picture, if you zoom in you probably can see the five toes!
    Feathered legs on newly hatched chick [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  2. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    The only new breed I can think of with 5 toes is the silkichin, but it was made in the USA so I don't know if you have it yet. I don't know what new breeds are in the UK. The silkichins I have seen have had small crests and yours don't. He is pretty though.

3. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Okay thank you, yeah he's lovely

4. lilliesanchicks

lilliesanchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2013
    Might have been some ones project bird.

5. CocoPopz

Jul 10, 2013
    Sheffield UK
    Someone's told me the breed before, I just can't remember and it's really irritating haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by