Breed Possibilities?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by pudgysimba, Mar 13, 2015.

1. pudgysimba

pudgysimba Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Texas!!
    Hey guys, I'm new, not sure if this is how I post questions and stuff lol, well anyways

What are some breed possibilities my little bantam will turn into?
    (I know the silkie is a silkie lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Twistedfeather

Twistedfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    Oregon
    Oh by the way that white bird isn't a silkie it's a Rhode Island Red, Just kidding I would recognize that bird anywhere I raised them for a couple years and they were awesome especially for a beginner like I was when I began raising chickens. If you examine the feet of your bird there should be five digits on each foot this is normal and in shows it's a breed requirement. If you love fluffy, docile, occasionally energetic and adorable you'll love the silkie.

My first question on the other chick would be where did you get it? Since it's chick season there are plenty of people who get from the assortment groups they find chicks they have no idea what they have. Since there are a lot of chicks that come in the same color it could be harder to pinpoint until they get older.

3. pudgysimba

pudgysimba Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2015
    Texas!!
    I got it at russels before chick days, I've gotten a few breeds on hand that I think it may be, but I wanted to get other opinions, the lady in the room wasn't my usual lady, so she couldn't tell me the breed. I just noticed mine dosent have the racing stripe behind the eye like most of the other chicks of its color does, so I wasn't sure if that was just a fluke or something lol, I'm hoping for serama, but if its a old English (which I wasn't going for) will be fine :) I'll still love my Chicky lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by