Breed question!

Alex R

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 21, 2016
I've never had geese, honestly I've only ever had bad experiences with geese so I've stayed away from them. Until today when I went to the feed store. I couldnt help myself. Ive raised countless chickens but never waterfowl

I dont know what breed they are except super cute! Have fun!
I have my first two geese as well. Mine are white chinese and 3 weeks old. I cant beleive how smart and fun they have been
1f495.png

I dont know what breed they are except super cute! Have fun!
I have my first two geese as well. Mine are white chinese and 3 weeks old. I cant beleive how smart and fun they have been
1f495.png

Thank you!! :) My boyfriend is less than thrilled about them but they're so cute! I think they're only a week old.

If they grow as fast a chickens, they'll be big in no time.
1f614.png

oh ducks and geese grow at an amazing rate.. chickens are slow compared to ducks and geese. the first time i got ducks i was shocked since i had only had chickens.. now these geese are crazy huge at only 3 weeks.
they are fantastic tho.
1f60d.png

oh ducks and geese grow at an amazing rate.. chickens are slow compared to ducks and geese. the first time i got ducks i was shocked since i had only had chickens.. now these geese are crazy huge at only 3 weeks.
they are fantastic tho.
1f60d.png

Awww, I feel bad right now cause they freak out if the can't see/hear me. I've only had them got a couple hours.

Awww, I feel bad right now cause they freak out if the can't see/hear me. I've only had them got a couple hours.

thats how mine were too. i had an hour ride home from where i bought them. and i talked to them all the way because they were chirping in their box.
by the time i got home and set them up in their brooder they freaked out when i left the room.
they were like that really bad the first few days. i had to stop running back in everytime because i knew i was making it worse.i started brooding mine outside after the first week. they still chirp like crazy when i leave but it only lasts about 5-10 min once they cant see me.
now if they can see me and cant get to me its a whole diff story, they will not stop freaking out till they can get to me.
they are sooo attached to me . so different from any duck or chicken i have had.
they follow me around like puppies
1f60d.png

thats how mine were too. i had an hour ride home from where i bought them. and i talked to them all the way because they were chirping in their box.
by the time i got home and set them up in their brooder they freaked out when i left the room.
they were like that really bad the first few days. i had to stop running back in everytime because i knew i was making it worse.i started brooding mine outside after the first week. they still chirp like crazy when i leave but it only lasts about 5-10 min once they cant see me.
now if they can see me and cant get to me its a whole diff story, they will not stop freaking out till they can get to me.
they are sooo attached to me . so different from any duck or chicken i have had.
they follow me around like puppies
1f60d.png

That's so adorable! I'm thinking of names for them at the moment.

That's so adorable! I'm thinking of names for them at the moment.

How are they doing?
I named mine - norman and meredith
1f917.png

They will be 4 weeks tomorow. My husband hasnt spent much time with them and has been trying the last few days they start screaming for me as soon as they cant see me, and wont come within 10 feet of him
1f923.png

He wil keep trying . I told him he better hurry before they are full grown lol

Back
Top Bottom