1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Breed Question

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by crystal195655, Feb 6, 2012.

1. crystal195655

crystal195655 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2011
    Glenoma, WA
    [​IMG]I recieved my chicks a week ago from MM....they sent some extras

what breed do you think this little one is? all the rest I can identify, but not this one...I think it may be a roo, but what breed? The red on the head is food coloring for identification purposes...so please disregard the red head....lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012
  2. Spangled

Spangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Serenity Valley
    What color are the legs? Yellow? White? Dark brownish/blackish? If they're dark brownish/blackish, I would guess (heavy on the guess) an off color blurry Golden Campine.

3. crystal195655

Sep 15, 2011
    Glenoma, WA
    Took a good look at the chick and the legs are mostly yellow with some dark on the top....starting to think it may be a Barred Rock Roo....has similar markings as the BR hens, but not as predominant .....so guess we will see. I understand that sometimes the roo's don't feather out as quickly as the hens, they are showing more color on the wings.

4. Spangled

Spangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2012
    Serenity Valley
    Oh. Okay. My screen must be goofed up. The chick looked dark brown to me. Sorry 'bout that.

5. crystal195655

Sep 15, 2011
    Glenoma, WA
    no problem, the picture does look lighter than what the actual chick is.....thanks for the help anyway. you just never know what you get with packing peanuts!

6. VI KING RANCH

VI KING RANCH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Campbell River
    That chick does NOT have any signs of barring. It showing partridge, could be a partridge rock but I doubt it very much.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by