Breed? Sex? Age?

Both are cockerels, which is probably why they were dumped in a box somewhere. Delawares have yellow legs, not white. Light Sussex do have white legs so the youngster in the back (white with black in the hackles) is probably a Light Sussex. The other one I'm not sure on. Either I need glasses or the birds aren't in focus in the photos. If you can get some clearer photos it might make ID easier. It isn't screaming any particular breed at the moment though.

View attachment 2592001Hi all,
We recently acquired 2 new chicks through a friend who found them dumped in a box in a car park.
Weā€™ve only ever purchased pullets nearly ready for laying, so need some help trying to work out their age and hopefully breed if anyone recognises them.
They seem quiet healthy, but weā€™re keeping them seperate to our girls for the time being.
Would also love some tips on trying to figure out their sex too.
Thanks! šŸ˜Š
Tips for sexing-

When ever your looking at a bird this young, look at the comb first. FI the comb is large and red, it is like a male. Small, thin, pale combs are more likely to be female.
With older birds, you want to look at comb, and saddle/hackle feathers.

Hackle feathers, are the feathers right behind the neck, if they are long and pointed at the ends, its a boy. Short and rounded is a female. This is the same for hackle feathers.
1617131491324.png

View attachment 2592001Hi all,
We recently acquired 2 new chicks through a friend who found them dumped in a box in a car park.
Weā€™ve only ever purchased pullets nearly ready for laying, so need some help trying to work out their age and hopefully breed if anyone recognises them.
They seem quiet healthy, but weā€™re keeping them seperate to our girls for the time being.
Would also love some tips on trying to figure out their sex too.
Thanks! šŸ˜Š
Poor little guys! I agree, they were likely dumped because they are both boys. Hopefully you can keep them, or find them good homes. šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom