Breed / sex / age?

Claireeps

In the Brooder
Apr 13, 2021
Any thoughts on this chicken’s sex, breed (assume australorp cross?) and age?
A21DDF88-089F-4EA7-BC9C-4F5B0BFDBF7F.jpeg
FDDCD64C-AB0C-4A98-9384-1B59625F1024.jpeg
99C67927-F352-431F-BC26-E110D1B3095B.jpeg

I wouldn't assume Australorp at all. The only thing in common with one is it being black. The earlobe color, skin color, body type and comb type are all off. OP, is there a reason you're thinking Australorp? If you don't know the source I wouldn't assume Australorp, but if you know more than I do (like it being a possibility in a mixed flock) it could potentially be part.

I wouldn't assume Australorp at all. The only thing in common with one is it being black. The earlobe color, skin color, body type and comb type are all off. OP, is there a reason you're thinking Australorp? If you don't know the source I wouldn't assume Australorp, but if you know more than I do (like it being a possibility in a mixed flock) it could potentially be part.
I’ve been looking into
She did come from a mixed flock with an Australorp BUT since your comment I’ve been looking at various breeds and I think she looks more like a Leghorn?

Back
Top Bottom