breed & sex identification help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by LouieLouie, Mar 11, 2017.

1. LouieLouie

LouieLouie Just Hatched

Mar 6, 2017
    Ashe County, NC
    Good morning gang! We adopted/rescued this flock recently and haven't been able to identify breed and/or sex of some of them. I was hoping you could help. Thanks for any info you can share!

This is "Little". She's definitely a hen, super sweet, and my favorite but don't tell the others. :)
    [​IMG]
    I've been told the larger gray girl is a Thai Gamefowl. The little one next to her, I'm not sure about. She's also really tiny and sweet.
    [​IMG]

These are the 3 I'm most unsure about. Are they hens or roos? The 3 below are the same ones in this pic.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Cel45

Cel45 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2015
    Houston, Tx
    The first white one of the three whites together is a cockerel. His saddle feathers are showing. The other two are hens. They look like white rocks to me. As for the first three they are all hens, but I am not sure what they are. The big one is gamey.

3. HappyDuck24

HappyDuck24 New Egg

Mar 11, 2017
    Hey I got some Rhode Island Reds 4 weeks ago and one looks different than the others. I'm just curious is it really a Rhode Island Red, and if you can tell me the gender that would be great! Thanks

4. HappyDuck24

HappyDuck24 New Egg

Mar 11, 2017
    [​IMG]

5. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    What type of comb does "Little" have? She's probably an Old English Game bantam mix. The thai fowl is probably a Thai gamefowl or another similar breed like Malay, Aseel, or Shamo (I get those breeds mixed up all the time). The little bird next the gamefowl could be a Belgian Bearded D'Anvers mix or even a bantam Easter Egger, if she lays pinkish or green/blue eggs. I'm thinking all of the white birds are males.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    x 2 The big game bird looks like it could chase away hawks. How does it get along with the small fry?

7. LouieLouie

LouieLouie Just Hatched

Mar 6, 2017
    Ashe County, NC

The blue gamefowl gets along well with everyone. I'm having trouble with one of the RIRs picking on the others though. We may be having fresh chicken for supper! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. LouieLouie

LouieLouie Just Hatched

Mar 6, 2017
    Ashe County, NC
    Little has a small comb. Is that what you're asking? I've posted a better pic. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by