Breed & Sex Indentification Help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by BaxterBCollies, May 1, 2009.

1. BaxterBCollies

BaxterBCollies New Egg

Mar 19, 2009
    Newcastle, OK
    Hi guys,

I'm pretty new to the forum and mostly a lurker. I have been going through piles of posts in this section trying to figure out what breed(s) I have in my new little flock. I have some ideas now, but I wanted to call on the expertise of you great forum members.

Here are 2 chicks that I thought were Buff Orphingtons, but completely not sure.... Also, could you help me out with Roo or Pullet?

[​IMG] I'm thinking roo?

[​IMG] Pullet?

[​IMG] Here's a pic from when they were tiny if that helps any...

[​IMG] This is a little banty that my folks got my daughter for her birthday. Is this a pullet and I have no idea of the breed?

[​IMG] And just for good measure... here's the entire little flock. I think the black pullets on the left are sex-links? And Barred rock on the right?

Thanks in advance!!
    Jenna

2. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I agree with all your assessments of breeds and sex for your standard size chicks - I've never owned banties, so can't help you with the white one.

3. sunnibunny99

sunnibunny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2009
    East Texas! :)
    In the first pic the buff-ish colored one looks like a roo... No idea of the breed, sorry [​IMG]

4. BaxterBCollies

BaxterBCollies New Egg

Mar 19, 2009
    Newcastle, OK
    Thanks for your replies! I appreciate it.

Jenna

5. BoiseBubba

BoiseBubba Serama Psycho

Feb 11, 2009
    Boise, ID
    #1 & #2 are Buff Orpingtons, 1 is roo 2 is pullet, the white one is a hatchery quality white cochin, it looks just like mine, it even has a strait tail instead of a rounded tail, the 3 blacks are Black Sex-links, and a barred rock.

6. BaxterBCollies

BaxterBCollies New Egg

Mar 19, 2009
    Newcastle, OK
    Guess I should have a little more confidence in my chicken identifying skills. [​IMG] Thank you all for your time!

Jenna

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by