Breed & Sex on this bantam

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bil, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    I hatched this chick a few weeks ago from some eggs that were sent to me. This chick was one of the extra eggs that she sent for fun. When I asked what they were all she told me is that they are are Lemon Blue bantam. I have no idea what that means, is that the breed? [​IMG] She hatched on 3/13.

Also, is there anyway to sex this chick?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a pick of one of the chicks that hatched on the same day so you can see the size.
    [​IMG]

Thanks!

Bil

2. pinkfeather

pinkfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2007
    CT
    Kinda of young to tell, but so far I don't see any signs of a rooster. Lemon blue is a color- maybe she's a Modern game bantam..? I know that comes in lemon blue.

3. Bil

Bil Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    Cottage Grove, OR
    Thanks, that gives me something to go on, I appreciate it!

Bil

4. LadyShred

LadyShred Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    Alabama
    He looks solid blue to me . . . maybe not lemon blue. We have some solid blue ones that look the exact same. And judging by the comb, I'd say it's a roo, but it can turn either way. He's still a little young to know for sure. [​IMG]

5. Tom Turkey

Tom Turkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    I raise lemon blue old english game bantams, that looks like it is a pullet to me and im sure it is old english game also i hope this helps.

6. Tom Turkey

Tom Turkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2009
    Ky
    Did it turn out to be a hen? Do you have any resent pics of it just wondering.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by