Breed & Sex? *Updated Pic's*

what sex do you think?

• Pullet

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Roo

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters
Here are some more pic's. (s)he is now 8 weeks. Is there any chance this could be a pullet? if you think it's a roo please tell me what makes you think that. I am new at this chicken thing and am trying to learn what to watch for and look for.

Ok so I really need some help here. I can't keep a roo and I know people had said roo but I need to know why. This little one is one of my smallest chicks and is afraid of everything so to me that would mean pullet. I am new at all of this and that is why I trying to figure out if there is still a chance it could be a pullet or if there is something like color of feathers that say roo. Please help me out here.

Well she looks girly to me, but if you look on his/her back the feathers will be pointy and shiny if it's a boy. As for breed I would say easter egger.Hope this helped :)

You can't figure out gender based on personality all the time. I have roos that were scared of everything as chicks, too. Also, I wonder about your saying you know one bird will lay a green egg and one will lay a blue egg. If these are Easter Eggers, you'd have to have a very good idea of parentage to make that statement. With EEs, it's usually a guessing game what color they will lay.

It does not look like an EE to me. Here are the reasons:
1. EEs usually have puffy cheeks. This one doesn't.
2. EEs. usually have willow legs. This one doesn't.
3. EEs usually have pea combs. This one doesn't.

As to what it *is*, I don't know. I've had pullets with that much comb before, because they were of a breed with very large combs. But I don't have a clue as to breed.

Really hard to tell, i am not sure, has no bright redness to either the wattles or comb, can you post again in 2 weeks
big_smile.png

In spite of the hackles looking a little pointy (optical illusion because of the coloration) I think she looks girly to me.

Is she supposed to be a purebred from one of those rare chick assortments from a hatchery? If so then you could tell us which hatchery and we could narrow the possibilities by what they sell.

Her tail is really long, but I think the Phoenix only comes in Silver and Gold Duckwing. I think Modern Games have a really long tail too. If she is a crossbred, in my experience, the males will get some red feathers showing up in their shoulders and she has none.

Hmm, I hope someone has ideas for you.

Back
Top Bottom