1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Breed - Sex??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by frogdogs, Jul 24, 2014.

1. frogdogs

frogdogs Chirping 7 Years

Apr 20, 2011
    Edinburg
    I ordered a Blue Ameraucana pullet, not sure what breed/sex this is. She/he is 12 weeks old this Saturday. Thank you!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. A roo or two

A roo or two Chirping

Sep 16, 2013
    Florida
    Ordered it from a hatchery? If so then it should be a pullet, looks like a pullet to me. Most Ameraucanas from hatcheries are actually EEs from what I have read. Very pretty bird.

3. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    For clarity's sake (because the breed standards vary), your location is Edinburg in what country? When you say you "ordered" the bird - was that from a hatchery or a private breeder? Here in the US, there are only a couple of hatcheries that breed/sell true Ameraucana - and the leg color of your bird is outside the US SOP for the breed - so knowing what standard your bird would have been bred to and whether it was from a US hatchery (if so, which one) will help.

4. frogdogs

Apr 20, 2011
    Edinburg
    I ordered a Blue Ameraucana from Meyer Hatchery in the US. They also sell EE's for a fraction of the cost. I know it is not what I ordered, but would like to know what it is.
    Thank you!

5. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    I think you got what you ordered - a hatchery grade Ameraucana....she's a pretty girl.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  6. frogdogs

Apr 20, 2011
    Edinburg
    THANK YOUI!!! [​IMG] She is the sweetest thing!

7. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: