Breed Standards and SQ info

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kickenChickens, May 4, 2011.

1. kickenChickens

kickenChickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    Looking for forementioned info (real deal not opinions, I don't want to hear what YOU "think" they should be) on.

Silver Duckwings
    Red Duckwings
    Dominique Bantam
    Black Tailed buff and white Japs (not mixed, both breeds)
    Barred Cochin Bantams
    Delaware Bantams

Thanks for the good info Up-front!

2. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
    The apa and aba both sale a standard of perfection that will answer all of your questions. Here are the links.
    http://gator541.hostgator.com/~bant...category_id=2&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=18
    http://www.amerpoultryassn.com/APA_ShoppingMall3.htm
    Also Silver Duckwings and Red Duckwings are varieties or colors not breeds. What breed(s) are you interested in in those varieties? Red Duckwings are also know as Black breasted red. That may help you in you search. Also Black Tailed buff and white Japs are two varieties of the same breed, not different breeds.

3. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    yeah there are breeds and then there are varieties. This may also help in your search. ie. Barred is the variety and Cochin would be the breed. In addition to bantam and standard. Also most breed club websites have their standards on it because the APA and/or ABA gives them permission to put it on their site.

4. kickenChickens

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    Why thanks for the minuscule amount of good info! I bet both your moms are so proud you learned to correct someone when they miss speak!!!! Perhaps next time one will think before they speak as I am certain without reading an APA anything that colors aren't shared between a silver and a red duckwing minus a black breast and thus I segregated them for those of you who might understand!

"Any complaints about content that is in violation of the rules should be reported using the report button."

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2011
  5. hipeatall

hipeatall Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
  6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:You would be best to buy a APA Standard of Perfection. Spend the money it is well worth it and you wont hear what people, "think". [​IMG]

Silver Duckwing in what breed? Old English (LF/Bantam) Modern Game (LF/Bantam) etc.
    Red Duckwing??? Do you mean Black Breasted Red? There is no "Red" Duckwing.

If you are searching on line the breed would be a American Dominique.

Chris

Last edited: May 4, 2011
  7. kickenChickens

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    Quote:You would be best to buy a APA Standard of Perfection. Spend the money it is well worth it and you wont hear what people, "think". [​IMG]

Silver Duckwing in what breed? Old English (LF/Bantam) Modern Game (LF/Bantam) etc.

Chris

I apologize for not being clear. The duckwings are OEGB...and yes red duckwing is another name for a BB Red.
    Thanks again Chris, this is exactly what I asked for!
    Oh where can I find an APA standards of perfections book?

8. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana

Chris

I apologize for not being clear. The duckwings are OEGB...and yes red duckwing is another name for a BB Red.

You can find it on the APA website store. You can probably find cheaper back issues on ebay. Your local library may have one as well. Our 4H club donates new ones to our library when new ones come out.

9. kickenChickens

Mar 23, 2011
    Augusta
    Quote:I apologize for not being clear. The duckwings are OEGB...and yes red duckwing is another name for a BB Red.

You can find it on the APA website store. You can probably find cheaper back issues on ebay. Your local library may have one as well. Our 4H club donates new ones to our library when new ones come out.

Thank you TK. I'll look.

10. TK Poultry

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by