Breed statdards

adni02

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 4, 2013
Can some one link me to a site with complete details for breed standards and point distributions. can seem to find anything good/
Please help

yes and distribution of 100 points like 10 for head, 8 for feet, 12 for,,,,,, etc, specially for cochins

yes and distribution of 100 points like 10 for head, 8 for feet, 12 for,,,,,, etc, specially for cochins
I've never used websites for it since I own the Standard of Perfection for 2010 and this is the General Scale of Points ^^ I will look for one for cochins also. (Varies per white bird or not white bird but its only like a 2 point change)

1. Symmetry (4 points)
2. Weight or Size (4 Points)
3. Condition and Vigor (10 points)
4. Comb (5 Points)
5. Beak (3)
6. Skull and Face (4)
7. Eyes (4)
8. Wattles (2)
9. Earlobes (4)
10. Neck (6)
11. Back (12)
12. Tail (8)
13. Wings (8)
14. Breast (10)
15. Body and Fluff (8)
16. Legs and Toes (8)

Hi,
You won't find the points info online. The APA never let their copyright lapse and they are very protective of the SOP info. You need to buy an SOP. Just the info in the 1st 30 pages alone is worth the 59.00 price. No, you seldom see them on the 2nd hand market. The old ones which have been reprinted are most often poor OCR copies. Not worth your trouble to buy them. Some of the parent Clubs have obtained permission from the APA to post their breed standard on the webpage of their Club. The SOP is a major fund raising tool for the APA.
Best,
Karen

Hi,
 You won't find the points info online. The APA never let their copyright lapse and they are very protective of the SOP info. You need to buy an SOP. Just the info in the 1st 30 pages alone is worth the 59.00 price.

X2. If you are going to show, your own hard copy of the APA's SOP is a necessity. You will not find the information online. As Karen has pointed out the first 30 or so pages is valuable as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom