Breed thing? Piping at 19 days help..

horseyjess

Songster
14 Years
Sep 2, 2009
SW Florida
Ok Incubation newbie again. I locked down bator #1 yesterday they were set on 2-16 due 21 days is Wends. I look in the bator and I can see about 5 eggs or more piped. They are all Polish. I cant see any piping on the Welsummers or the Silkies. Is this not to early to pip? What do I do if they pip and come out today and the others dont pip till tomorrow or Wends? (oh this is a pic of the bator BEFORE lockdown I have not opened it lol)

40479_bator_1.jpg

Last edited:
I have had eggs pip and hatch as early as 3 days ... probably had the temp a tad bit high by a degree or so (mine). My last hatch took 2 days and all but 6 of my eggs that went into lockdown made it. I had so many hatch that I had to quickly slip my hand in through the incubator window and get the chicks out. I had a different incubator ready to let them dry out in.

Don't worry if you have some hatch early. The others may hatch on time.

Good luck and enjoy your new chicks.

My standard Polish were due today and they all hatched on Saturday.... my temp was steady at 99.5 the whole time..
they hatched beautifully.... and they are perfect..

2787_photo_42.jpg

there are actually 5 but one was shy...
big_smile.png

Yeah it seems the Polish were early lol. I will post pics tomorrow, most of the Polish I had hatched 1st I had 7 Polish hatch before any Welsummers and then 3 or 4 Welsummers before any of the Silkies and they were all set same day same time.. So eggcited had 29 eggs set and as of late on 3/8 I have 18 hatched with only 3 that havent piped and they werent due until 3/9

Back
Top Bottom