Breed??

amyt21

In the Brooder
Feb 28, 2016
The burg. Florida
So I kno she is still young and a lot of breeds can look like this but I figured its worth a shot
[/IMG]

That's not barring. Barring is alternating bands of black and white. That is juvenile partridge-type patterning. It will give way to penciling as the bird matures.
No idea what breed yet.

Agree not barring...not Barred Rock...partridge pattern of some sort coming in...but we would need to see a full profile shot of the chick and a head shot to see comb to have any real guess.

What color are the legs? (It's hard to tell the color tone...are they greenish? If so, I can make an initial guess that it might be an Easter Egger if it has greenish legs, but again a full profile shot is necessary for any kind of educated guess.

LofMc

I thought I loaded a bunch of pictures it only loaded the last one of the feet didn't kno if they looked green. I was hoping for an ee

Agree not barring...not Barred Rock...partridge pattern of some sort coming in...but we would need to see a full profile shot of the chick and a head shot to see comb to have any real guess.

What color are the legs? (It's hard to tell the color tone...are they greenish? If so, I can make an initial guess that it might be an Easter Egger if it has greenish legs, but again a full profile shot is necessary for any kind of educated guess.

LofMc

Yes I'm thinking there greenish that's why I shared the pic. I will take one tomorrow with another breed to see the color difference. I do have a barred rock and I kno this one isn't a barred.. Like u guessed I'm really hoping for an ee

Back
Top Bottom