Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Toosocs4, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Toosocs4

Toosocs4 Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2015
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She was supposed to be a Buff Orpington but has dark feathers growing in... 3 weeks old. Anyone have any idea what she is or is it just weird feathers growing in for a Buff Orp? She was by far the slowest to start developing feathers, especially tail feathers. Sorry for the fuzzy pics

2. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Buff orps do get some light brown feathers, but these seem to be really dark. Could it be a possibility she got stuck in a wrong bin? I think she might be an ISA brown...

3. Toosocs4

May 29, 2015

There were some golden sexlinks the same hatch day from where I got her could be that, but those dark feathers are still suspicious. She looked EXACTLY like the other BO until yesterday. Idk have to wait and see I guess

4. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    Yeah. Could be a golden sex link. Post some pics when she's older. I'm curious what she is or what she turns out to be :D

5. Toosocs4

May 29, 2015
    I'll definitely post some more pics in a couple weeks!

6. Toosocs4

May 29, 2015
    The mystery chick is a golden sexlink roo. Apparently the boys hatch out all yellow so someone threw him in the Buff Orpinton bin :( He wouldn't stay still, sorry they're all blurry
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Toosocs4

May 29, 2015
    A couple more from his first time outside the other day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by