Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Frixie, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    [​IMG]
    First time posting. My girls are between 6 and 7 weeks old. Does anybody have an idea of what breed the white pullet is? She was supposed to be a buff like the one next to her. Do buffs come in white? I got these birds from a small feed and seed place. I don't really care what she is as long as she lays, I'm just curious.

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Lots of Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Green legs, cheek muffs??? Is that what I am seeing? I think she's an Easter egger.

3. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    [​IMG]Her legs are kind of green. Here's a better face pic. Also, I have 4 girls that are brown/red like the one in the second picture. They are supposed to be Easter eggers. I didn't realize they could come in so many colors.[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  4. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    [​IMG][/IMG]

5. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    [​IMG]

6. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    Easter eggers are generally mutt chickens. They should have Americana in their background somewhere so they lay colored eggs but some are now laying brown eggs unfortunately. So whatever a breeder or hatchery wants in the mix can go into them. Some no longer have muffs and some don't have green legs anymore. Looks like you have a couple of Easter eggers. A white one should be pretty as an adult.

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Hatchery sourced Easter Eggers aren't really mixed breeds, and they don't have Ameraucana in their pedigree. It's the Ameraucana that were derived from Easter Eggers.

8. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    They white one is really pretty. My daughter named her Pinkie and is telling everyone she will lay pink eggs. Maybe she's right.

9. Frixie

Frixie New Egg

Feb 12, 2017
    He told me they'd lay olive green eggs, could they lay blue eggs. Could he really know? I'm hoping for a mix of green and blue.

10. oldhenlikesdogs

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by