Breed?

Luvs

Songster
Oct 16, 2017
Texas
This is Little Bit, I got her from the mixed bantam bin at TSC last Feb so she's almost a year old. Her sister went broody this week and she tried to follow suit! I've not been able to figure out what breed she is and wondered if anyone knows. IMG_20180802_162625.jpg IMG_20180802_162641.jpg IMG_20180802_162625.jpg

Last one I swear! I know what everybody else is. This is Pretty Girl. She's also a bantam and lays brown eggs. She's camera shy so adult pic not great so also posting a chick or two photo. Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20180802_161951.jpg
    IMG_20180802_161951.jpg
    881.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180418_171232.jpg
    20180418_171232.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180418_171230.jpg
    20180418_171230.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 11
I think #1 is a brown/red Old English game bantam. They generally lay tinted eggs, though, not brown.

Now, the second batch of pictures confuses me, because the first picture shows an adult female and the second and third picture shows what looks to be a cockerel. So I am only going by the first picture. What color are her legs and does she have white earlobes? She could be a black breasted red Phoenix, a black breasted red Old English game bantam, a light brown Dutch bantam, or an American gamefowl if she was not purchased from a hatchery or feed store. So leg color makes a big difference with all of those possibilities. If her legs are white or pinkish white, she's an OEGB. If her legs are slate blue and she has white earlobes, then either Phoenix or Dutch bantam.

I think #1 is a brown/red Old English game bantam. They generally lay tinted eggs, though, not brown.

Now, the second batch of pictures confuses me, because the first picture shows an adult female and the second and third picture shows what looks to be a cockerel. So I am only going by the first picture. What color are her legs and does she have white earlobes? She could be a black breasted red Phoenix, a black breasted red Old English game bantam, a light brown Dutch bantam, or an American gamefowl if she was not purchased from a hatchery or feed store. So leg color makes a big difference with all of those possibilities. If her legs are white or pinkish white, she's an OEGB. If her legs are slate blue and she has white earlobes, then either Phoenix or Dutch bantam.
The second batch of pictures - first pic is Pretty Girl now and the following two pics are both her when she was younger. I have recently posted pics of my two roos thou so I wonder if things got criss crossed

Back
Top Bottom