Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Bsdyn01, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Bsdyn01

Bsdyn01 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2012
    NE
    I started our family's chicken venture with some chicks I got at TSC... the sign said "pullets" and "red pullets". I have 2 of the reds and 4 of the pullets.... so my question is what breed are they and what should I expect for laying times etc.... the gentleman told me they were about a week old when I got them on 3/3/12. I still do not have a permanent home for them... I am wanting to go as cost effective as I can but have no idea on design (can't there are some awesome ones here way to go ppl!) I've been scouting stuff to recycle but am not having any luck! Plus I will need something that will withstand our hit summers and cold winters. Any advise? I only have my smartphone so the only picture I have on here isn't the best. I will try to get some better ones tomorrow so people can help me out... I appreciate ANY info/advise! I've done a lot of research on here but you know how that goes especially with so much to grasp! I've also read Storey's guide to raising chickens. ~Shawna :)

2. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

This is what my TSC had listed on there bins

red pullets can be

Production Reds
    Red sex links
    RIRS
    New Hampshire
    Dark RIR

The Pullets

White Rock
    Barred Rock
    Cornish Rock
    Black Sex Link
    Buff Orphington

3. Bsdyn01

Mar 13, 2012
    NE
    OK , I have posted some more pictures of my chickens on my page... I cannot add pictures to my posts from my phone.... at least I've yet to figure out how... can anyone check out the pictures I added and give me a clue as to what breed I have?! Please and thank-you!:lol:

4. stephanie1992

the two dark ones are Production reds, the others look like red sex links

5. Bsdyn01

Mar 13, 2012
    NE
    Great thanks...no roos though right?

6. stephanie1992

Id watch the one with All the white. Ive never raised red sex links but i heard the males come out all white and females come out red with some white. They all could be girls, i do see red on the mostly white one

7. Bsdyn01

Mar 13, 2012
    NE
    I have been trying to figure out which one you meant as all white... they all have red on them so now I'm paranoid that we'll have to name one "Stew" and well.... you know what that means :p!

8. stephanie1992

lol well if they all have red then they are all girls :p

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by