Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by mcarroll616, Apr 6, 2012.

1. mcarroll616

mcarroll616 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know these aren't the best pictures. I am very new at this chick thing. Our neighbor gave us 7 chicks about 6 days ago, but they were almost 3 weeks old when I got them from a neighbor. I thought maybe someone could help me with breed, he told me what he thought, it sounded all greek to me and have NO idea what he said, and at the time I didn't think it mattered, but now I am curious. Right now, we call them the red, white, and tan ones. :) Oh, and there are some guineas in there with them, I know what they are.

one of the white ones:
    [​IMG]

red ones (I know it's a bit brown now, but it USED to be red) :)
    [​IMG]

tan ones.
    [​IMG]

Another of a white one...
    [​IMG]

and a fun one :)
    [​IMG]

And if anyone wants to take a guess on gender, Id LOVE to know that too :)

2. Fluffballs

Fluffballs Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2012
    With my chickies!
    The red ones might be an EE'r or Ameraucana. The white ones looked like a Leghorn to me, but not sure about tans. Maybe they're orpingtons??

3. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

cant tell on the reds, but whites could b white rocks and tans look like buff orphingtons. also first pic looks like its going to b a boy

4. mcarroll616

I am convinced one of those white ones is a boy. I hope it's the same one that is in that picture... Id hate for them both to be!

5. mcarroll616

[​IMG]

That white one that is hovering over the others... He's the one I have always thought looked like he should be a rooster. Obviously with no experience, it was just a guess. :)

6. BlueCamas

BlueCamas Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2011
    Milwaukie, Oregon
    The White ones looks like White Rocks, the 1st one pictured looks like a cockerel. The Buff ones look like Buff Orpingtons. The Brown/ red ones might be Partridge Rocks, wait for them to feather out more and post more pictures [​IMG]

7. mcarroll616

better picture of the buff color one :)
    [​IMG]

white one -- boy?
    [​IMG]

brown/red one :)
    [​IMG]

8. stephanie1992

stephanie1992 Chillin' With My Peeps

Buff orphigton
    white rock or leghorn BOY lol
    and Production red

9. BlazeJester

BlazeJester Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Midway, GA
    x2

Hope all your whites don't look like that one! White rocks will be good for eating in about 16 weeks. White leghorns... well... soup?

10. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    x3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by