Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by jma6004, Dec 3, 2013.

1. jma6004

jma6004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2013
    Carencro, LA
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last one and the all white ones are the two that I think are more pure bread and do not know the breeds. You can see some are a mix of the white and the barred rock.

I got 13 new birds from a friend. I have identified some as obvious barred rock. There are two other breeds and some mixed that I cannot identify. Any help would be appreciated. I can post more pictures if needed.

2. jma6004

jma6004 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2013
    Carencro, LA
    This is a better picture of the breed I would really like to know what it is. I do not think it is a mixed breed but I cannot be sure. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

3. ChicknsRock

ChicknsRock Overrun With Chickens

Oct 4, 2013
    They do look like mixed breeds, possibly with some barred rock in them. The white hen looks like a Wyandotte/ Sussex or something like that. More and better pictures would be helpful.

4. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    This young man isn't a pure bred anything, he looks like he may be a second generation sex link, or just a mix of a red and a white bird.

Your barred birds aren't pure barred rocks, they have barring but aren't pure.

The white bird may be a white rock, a comb shot would help.

I think basically you have a mixed breed flock, with a couple of cockerels. If you want specific guesses on a particular bird, get individual pics, profile shots including legs and comb. Age is good, too.

5. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by