Breed?

LRH97

Crowing
10 Years
Jul 29, 2013
Southern Illinois
Told my friend that I would post these pictures of his new banties. He asked the worker at the local Rural King what breed they were and got the reply "Bantams." (A lot of help there!
lol.png
) Anyway, #1 is clean legged, and #2 is not. I have my own speculations, but most of my flock is standard fowl, so I told him I would get some other opinions. Any input is appreciated.

First one is an Old English Game Bantam (not sure on variety; either Silver Duckwing, Golden Duckwing, or BBRed). The second one looks like a Mille Fleur Belgian Bearded D'Uccle.

Are you going to fix that one's foot before it grows up with a deformity? Or is that just how it was in the picture?
I'm pretty sure that's just the picture. I saw him in my friend's brooder earlier today and he looked normal. I'm going there tomorrow so I'll check him out then. Thanks for your concern.=)

Last edited:
I forgot they weren't yours! Please forgive me for my brashness
No, you're fine! I will need to make sure this little guy is normal. I've had to correct a few foot problems with my birds over the years. I'm kind of guiding my friend along here, so I'll have to help him out if he does in fact have a defect.
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom