Breed?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ChristinaV83, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ChristinaV83

ChristinaV83 New Egg

Jul 31, 2014
    We ordered 8 chicks from My Pet Chicken and of the 8, one is a mystery. It is currently 7 weeks old. Can you help us guess the breed? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  2. AtlantisPeeps

AtlantisPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    US
    Definitely a splash something. Possibly a splash Orpington?

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    X2 on the Splash Orpington, seems to have pink/white feet and a single comb... MPC has Blue Orps, so they would have Splash ones.

4. ChristinaV83

ChristinaV83 New Egg

Jul 31, 2014
    Thank you! I am also thinking it is a Splash/Blue orp. :)

5. LeanneP

LeanneP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Kenansville, NC
    How lucky could I get to randomly click on this looking for my Lulu and find you have already posted a pic that could be her! The thing is, I got mine from Murray McMurray and they don't seem to offer splash orpingtons. I also have another mystery chick that has almost the exact same coloring, but she is VERY fluffy (not feathery fluff, but fluffy fluff), very large (larger than the black cochin roo) and has feathered feet. Is there something else that would have similar coloring? (Mine also have a blueish hue).

6. AtlantisPeeps

AtlantisPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    US
    Could be a splash Cochin

7. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Definitely not a Cochin, they have feathered feet, legs, looks to be what OP are saying a splash Orpington :)

8. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Christina,

[​IMG] I agree you have a splash Orpington

Leann,

[​IMG] also. From MMM hatchery, I think for splash and feather legged, you're pretty much looking at a cochin. I don't think they offer anything else that matches those two things.

9. Basskids08

Basskids08 Chick Logging

Sorry was thinking we were still talking about first bird

10. LeanneP

LeanneP Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2014
    Kenansville, NC
    Actually I'm the one who owes an apology for hijacking the thread. Sorry! I've never had chickens before and I get kinda excited when I get the chance to talk about them to people who are also actually interested in them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by