Breeder chat thread (Breeders, retired breeders, or future breeders only!)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Garjzla, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Garjzla

Garjzla Overrun With Chickens

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Hello! This is the Breed Chat Thread, it's where breeders of any chicken (or bantam) breed, pet or show, can get together and just talk![​IMG] It'd also help people find some customers[​IMG].

The rules are simple:
    All BYC rules apply
    Please no meat breeders, I'd like to only have show and pet breeders on here
    Don't be rude
    Don't be snooty, prissy, sassy, mean, ECT
    Please don't go completely off topic, we're talking about breeding and selling here
    If you are having a argument, please take it to PM's or don't argue
    Follow the rules!

So, to start off, I am going to be breeding Sultans this year (white only, someone said they'd give me a black one but then they cancelled:() unless they can't lay eggs, die (not likely) ECT.

So, what about you guys? An plans for breeding or buying this year?:)

2. ThePRfan

ThePRfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2014
    Futere breeder.

I will by from a guy who takes his hatchery chicks to a Tractor suppliies,and sells them there.

I plan on breeding Production reds,or if I have to,incubate.

3. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Cool! I got a few chicks at a farm store and the Pekin bantam quality was AWFUL. The sultans, silkies, brahmas, barred rocks, and wyandottes quality was pretty good though. I'm happy another person is taking in chicken breeding! It seems like a art, breeding the best, most beautiful, and sweetest ones of the best quality. Though I'm never going to kill one because it's bad quality. I feel like it's terrible and irresponsible.

4. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    Cool!
    I always end up with a breed that,I don't even know about,something mix bred....

5. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    When you get hatchery chicks they give you mutts???:O

I want to get a bigger coop and make my old coop the main breeding area where I put two pure bred bantams and let them do their magic[​IMG]

6. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    I breed my Barnyard Mixes foir pets!! I also have 2 RIR's that i am planning on getting a RIR roo for them!!!

7. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    Cool! So, you actually breed an sell?:D

8. ThePRfan

Sep 27, 2014
    i would love some Barnyard mixes!Do you sell at like Feedstores?

9. Garjzla

Nov 28, 2014
    Oregon
    This year I want to buy about 12 d'Uccle chicks, but I can only keep about 6. I want to find someone who wants some and lives in Oregon or will come to Oregon. The colors vary from porcelain, golden neck, Mille Fleur, white, ECT. It's my pick of which I'll give to you, but I won't only give you roosters, but not only hens, either. They're free to a good home.

10. ChickyChickens

ChickyChickens Chickening Around

May 24, 2014
    BYC? Epic <3
    My Coop
    Yeah, but i dont sell that much!! I love them too much!!!

Who me?? Well... yeah i do at the pet stores...or people come and pick up at the farm!!!! I live in South Africa by the way!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by